English | Español
You could be eligible for more than $5,000 when you claim both the state and federal Earned Income Tax Credit!
NOTE: You may not be required to file a tax return, but could still be eligible for money back!
3 EASY STEPS
1. Find a FREE tax site in the Bay Area. Call 211 -or- visit www.earnitkeepitsaveit.org/find-tax-help-now to find a location near you.
2. See if you qualify for the credits at www.caleitc4me.org/earn-it
3. File your taxes and GET YOUR MONEY!
About California’s Earned Income Tax Credit (CA EITC)
The Cal-EITC is designed to put money in the pockets of working families and individuals! Cal EITC was created by the State as a supplement to the federal EITC and took effect starting with 2015 tax returns.
Claiming this credit is easy and eligible taxpayers just need to file a state tax return.
- If you do not owe taxes, Cal EITC will provide you with a tax refund when you file your return.
- If you owe taxes, Cal EITC reduces the amount of taxes you might owe and may allow you a refund when you file your taxes.