Your generosity changes lives! Thank you for supporting United Way Bay Area.
Ways to give
Direct online donation
Donate here! Be sure to enter “Designate to Earn It! Keep It! Save It! (EKS)” in the Additional Comments and Requests field of the online donation form.
Mail your gift by check
Checks should be made payable to and mailed to:
United Way of the Bay Area
550 Kearny Street, Suite 1000
San Francisco, CA 94108
Please remember to add “For Earn It! Keep It! Save It! (EKS)” to the memo line on the check or enclose a note to that effect.
See if your employer will match your donation!
Many do not realize that they may work for a company that does matching gifts! Employee matching gift programs are corporate giving programs in which the company matches donations (of volunteer hours or money) made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. It’s an easy way to double your contribution to us! Ask your employer if they have a matching gift program!
Here’s how matching gifts work:
- A donor makes a contribution to United Way’s Earn It! Keep It! Save It!.
- The donor submits a matching gift request to their company’s HR department or corporate philanthropy division.
- The company reviews the donation and determines if the nonprofit is eligible.
- The nonprofit must then verify the initial donation (of hours or money) made by the employee.
- If all of the requirements are met, the company cuts the nonprofit a check for the same amount as the employee’s donation.
Companies that gave matching gifts to EKS last year: Cisco, Google, IBM, Microsoft, Synopsys.