Reporting source: IRS Oakland SPEC
Please see Johnny Yee’s email below, received from TaxSlayer Customer Support on how to e-file tax returns that have a federal REFUND and state BALANCE DUE.
Workaround until TaxSlayer resolve issue:
From: Vita TaxslayerPro Support
Sent: February 08, 2017 2:27 AM
To: Johnny Yee
Subject: Re: Issue: Cannot go to “Submission” from “E-file”
Here is a workaround:
(1) mark the federal paper first
(2) Complete the direct debit info for the state return
(3) Mark the federal direct deposit
(4) Make sure the first entry on the 8888 is the RTN/ACCT for the state direct debit.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance to you.
TaxSlayer Support Squad
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 02:00 AM
To: Vita TaxslayerPro Support
Subject: RE: Issue: Cannot go to “Submission” from “E-file”
I’m preparing a return that has a federal refund and taxes owed to California state.
In the E-file page, I did the following:
(1) For Federal Return Type, I select “Direct Deposit”.
(2) For State Return Type, I select “Direct Debit”
(3) For Taxpayer Bank Information, I enter the routing number and account number
(4) I complete the remaining tabs
(5) I click on “Save”
I see a pink box containing errors pertaining to no “telephone number”. I click on one of the error and it brings me to the “Taxpayer Bank Information” tab. There is No spaces for a telephone number.
What can I do to complete this return and e-file it?
I have attached screen shots for your reference.