Do your own taxes for free online!
If you earned $66,000 or less in 2017, you can file both your state and federal tax returns for free online with www.MyFreeTaxes.com through the United Way, powered by H&RBlock software! It is the only free, online, national tax filing product offered by a nonprofit.
- EASY TO USE: You can use a desktop, tablet or a smartphone. Just upload a picture of your W-2 and MyFreeTaxes will automatically fill in your information.
- QUICK: Most filers complete their taxes in under an hour!
- FEDERAL AND STATE: Users can file federal and up to three state returns for free.
- NO FEES: Taxpayers save an average of $200 in fees by using MyFreeTaxes instead of a paid tax preparer.
- FREE CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Filers can get free customer support from IRS-certified specialists right from the palm of their hand. Simply call, email or use the chat box to get assistance from a real person in real time. Support is provided in English and Spanish. The MyFreeTaxes Helpline is available from mid-January through April 30, 2018 from 7am-7pm PST Monday through Friday, and from 9am-6pm PST on Saturdays.
Get your refund electronically
You can generally expect the IRS to issue your refund in less than 21 calendar days after they receive your tax return. The requirements to file your federal and state income taxes online for free with MyFreeTaxes are:
- Earned Household Income of $66,000 or less in 2017
- A valid email address
- A valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- The ability to verify your previous year’s Adjusted Gross Income (on your income tax forms) or use your self-select electronic filing PIN number that you used last year.
Remember, the deadline to file your federal and state taxes is Tuesday, April 17, 2018. So get started today! Visit www.MyFreeTaxes.com to file for free.