TaxSlayer Practice Lab
Weblink for TaxSlayer Practice Lab:
Password to use on that webpage: TRAINPROWEB
Learning how to use TaxSlayer
Joining EKS for the upcoming tax season? Great! Here’s how we recommend getting started with the new software:
- Go to the TaxSlayer Practice Lab homepage. Enter the password: TRAINPROWEB
- View our one-page screenshot guide (PDF) for how to create your TaxSlayer account in the Practice Lab -OR- watch TaxSlayer’s video about how to do so.
- Take note of what your account username and password is so you’re able to log in to the Practice Lab whenever you want to use it. Write it down!
- We recommend watching Webinar 2 and Webinar 3 to watch how a tax return is put into the new software.
- Then try doing a practice scenario in the software yourself!
Helpful TaxSlayer resources for all volunteers
- TaxSlayerPro VITA Blog – One-stop shop managed by TaxSlayer for finding news about changes to the site software, the Practice Lab, IRS News, and Quality Alerts
- TaxSlayer Tips and Tricks – COMING SOON
- Scenarios from class – Scenarios 1 through 5 used in in-person classes
- Log into Practice Lab to see the practice exercises at the bottom of the landing page
Other documents for tax site administrators/coordinators
- HOW TO GUIDE: Activate your TaxSlayer software (PDF) – A screenshot guide for what you need exactly in order to activate your site’s software. Estimated time for activation is: 5 minutes (as long as you have everything you need).
Latest TaxSlayer News
See the TaxSlayer VITA blog.