TAXSLAYER HELP DESK SUPPORT FOR 2019-2020
The days/hours of operation for TaxSlayer Support are now up here !
EKS NAME BADGE TEMPLATE
- Name badge template #1 – First name and last initial + one line
- Name badge template #2 – First name and last initial + two lines
Site Coordinator specific:
- IRS Pub. 1084 – Volunteer Site Coordinator Handbook (UP-TO-DATE. Version 10/2019)
- IRS Form 2333-V – Order Form for VITA Site Material (OLD VERSION. Version 10/2017) – A newer version of this email order form from the National Forms Distribution Center should have been sent to your lead Site Coordinator by the beginning of October. If they did not receive one, please contact your IRS SPEC Relationship Manager for help in resolving this issue. Refer to suggested order amounts when ordering.
- IRS Pub. 4396-A – Partner Resource Guide (HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET. Version 10/2018)
- IRS Pub. 5088 – Site Coordinator Training (UP-TO-DATE. Version 10/2019)
- IRS Pub. 5166 – Volunteer Quality Site Requirements – QSRs (UP-TO-DATE. Version 10/2019) – A guide to ensure the quality and accuracy of tax return preparation and consistent operation of sites.
- IRS Site Coordinator Corner – Resource landing page on IRS website for VITA Site Coordinators
- IRS Form 13615 – Volunteer Agreement (HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET. Version 10/2018)
- IRS Form 13614c – Intake Sheet in English (HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET. Version 10/2018) – The intake sheet in 2019 may be green!
- IRS Pub 4012 – Volunteer Resource Guide (UP-TO-DATE. Version 10/2019)
- IRS Pub 4491 – Training Guide (UP-TO-DATE. Version 10/2019)
- IRS Pub 4491W – Problems and Exercises (WILL NOT BE UPDATED. Evergreen Version 10/2014)
- IRS Pub. 4491X – Training Supplement (HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET. Version 11/2018) – These are the corrections and updates to all the printed material (IRS VITA Publications) that came out in October. Action item: print all pages for your 4012 from this and replace those old 4012 pages with these new ones.
- IRS Pub 6744 – Volunteer Test/Re-test (UP-TO-DATE. Version 10/2019)
- IRS Pub 17 – Tax Guide: PDF | ONLINE WEBPAGE (HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET. Version 1/30/2019) – Handy reference.
- FAFSA Federal School Code Search (UP-TO-DATE) – Use this to look up and see whether or not a school is an “eligible educational institution” for education credit purposes.
- IRS Pub 5192 – Ten Key Points for Communicating with People with Disabilities (UP-TO-DATE. Version 12/2014)
- IRS SPEC Presentation about Accessibility of VITA/TCE Sites in English (UP-TO-DATE. Version 11/2017)
CA FTB RESOURCES
- FTB 5130 – VITA/TCE California Volunteer Reference Manual (HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET. Version 10/2018)
- FTB 2333V-CA – Order Form (UP-TO-DATE. Version 8/2019) – Fill out and email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- FTB Resource Page (UP-TO-DATE) – Landing page for all CA FTB resources related to VITA.
- AARP TaxAide “Duckbook” (Counselor Reference Manual) (HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET. Version 01/2019)
FOR NEW SITE COORDINATORS
- EKS New Site Coordinator Training Slide Deck – Version 2016.11.17, from last year’s regional training of new Site Coordinators
- VITA Site Coordinator’s Survival Guide (OUT-OF-DATE. Version 2015)
While Publication 1084 may teach you the rules and regulations for running a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Site, this guide will give you all the tools you need as well as a practical overview of the most important components to making it a success. This guide is a collaborative effort based on input from partners in all seven counties. Topics include: Client Outreach, Site Operations, Volunteer Coordination, Resource Development, Improving Quality, ITIN Services, Asset Building at your VITA site and Helping Taxpayers with Disabilities.
- EKS Roles and Responsibilities (IRS vs. UWBA) (UP-TO-DATE.)
This details what the IRS is responsible for vs. United Way.
- EKS How-To: Enable the Site Coordinator Module within Link and Learn – (UP-TO-DATE.)
This is a step-by-step screenshot guide that you can follow, if you’re a new coordinator!
- Email TEMPLATE for Returning Volunteers
This is an example of an email template you can send to past volunteers!
- Email TEMPLATE for New Volunteers
Here is a sample recruitment message that you can send to potential volunteers!
- EKS Volunteer Outreach webpage
VOLUNTEER SITE ORIENTATION TEMPLATE
- Volunteer Site Orientation – Sample Agenda and Guidelines
You can refer to a few guidelines and our sample agenda for a VITA Site Orientation.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR SITE’S SOFTWARE
Not sure how to get started with your software? Look over the following material or contact your IRS SPEC Relationship Manager for how to do the full set-up.
- New sites can activate their new TaxSlayer software using our EKS How-To: Activate your TaxSlayer Software guide
- Returning sites can use our TaxSlayerPro Online – Setup Checklist to quickly setup the software for season!
- Bookmark and refer to the tax software manuals as needed: TaxSlayer Online | TaxSlayer Desktop
- If you encounter any issues with the software, check the TaxSlayer VITA Blog or contact TaxSlayer Help Desk Support
BECOME AN ITIN CAA (Certifying Acceptance Agent) SITE
Click here to download the IRS Fact Sheet for Becoming a CAA .