The Earned Income Tax Credit (or EITC) is a tax credit for low-to-moderate-income working individuals and families.
You may qualify for more than $6,000 in refunds from the California AND Federal Earned Income Tax Credits!
The California EITC specifically is now even bigger and better:
- It applies to families making up to $24,950 (up from $14,161 in 2016).
- Self-employed individuals now may qualify!
- If the credit is larger than your California tax liability or if you don’t owe any tax to California, you will get a refund!
- If you owe any California taxes, your tax liability will be reduced by the credit amount.
To find out if you qualify for the credits, visit www.caleitc4me.org/earn-it!
NOTE: You may not be required to file a tax return or owe any tax, but could still be eligible for money back!
GET HELP IN THREE EASY STEPS
1. Gather your tax documents (here’s a list of what you need to bring).
2. Find a FREE tax site in the Bay Area. Call 211 -or find a location near you.
3. File your federal AND state tax returns and GET YOUR MONEY!