Both the federal and California governments incentivize you to work, and give you “Earned Income Credit” or money in your pocket up to $6,431 combined.
The California Earned Income Credit (CA EITC) is now bigger and better:
- Applies to families making up to $24,950 (up from $14,161 in 2016)
- Self-employed individuals now may qualify!
- If you don’t owe any tax to California, any CA EITC will be refunded to you.
- If you owe any California taxes, your tax liability will be reduced by the credit.
- If the credit is larger than your California tax liability, you will get a refund.
- To find out if you qualify for the credits at www.caleitc4me.org/earn-it
NOTE: You may not be required to file a tax return or owe any tax, but could still be eligible for money back!
TWO EASY STEPS
1. Find a FREE tax site in the Bay Area. Call 211 -or- find a location near you.
2. File your federal and state taxes and GET YOUR MONEY!