Here’s what we know:
- People are more likely to volunteer when they hear about it from someone that they know.
- 70-80% of our tax volunteers return year-after-year, which means that most people have a good, meaningful experience.
- In order for our Bay Area sites to be running at “full steam” (maximum capacity), we need about 1000 more volunteers. So we are severely short!
Knowing this, you can…
Help us spread the word about volunteering with VITA
In order to help more taxpayers, we need your help to get the word out about this volunteer opportunity! Here are just a few ways you can help:
- YOUR GOAL: Recruit one friend to EKS. Just talk about VITA with people you know. Talk about your experience as a volunteer. If even half of our volunteer base brought one friend into the program, we would have enough volunteers to run our sites at maximum capacity. By recruiting just one person into the fold, you’ve helped us in a huge way.
- Become an Outreach Ambassador! Outreach ambassadors help out the EKS team by giving short talks in the community at corporate events, local community resource or volunteer fairs, school classrooms, and at non-profit agencies. These ambassadors specify their general availability to us and as opportunities for speaking engagement arise, they help us provide coverage and represent EKS/VITA at these events. Guidance is provided Contact us to join the team!
- Email out OR post up a flyer (PDF) for us at your local school, library, workplace, or place of worship. Go to a place you: are already connected with or simply feel would be a good source for volunteers. Connect with an employee there to get permission to post up a flyer.
Volunteer Recruitment Resources
Please use any of the following resources as you help us recruit more volunteers to our Bay Area-wide VITA movement!
Volunteer Recruitment Flyer
The Volunteer Recruitment Flyer (PDF) is the most popular recruitment tool distributed to community partners and used during many of the VITA talks we have in the community.
Newsletter Sample Blurb
You can preview it here (DOC).
Social Media (Sample Posts)
- Be a part of closing the gap on poverty! Volunteer with us! Learn more by clicking here: https://earnitkeepitsaveit.org/volunteer #Nonprofits #volunteer #UWBA #opportunity #Taxes #VITA
- Looking for something to put on your resume this year? Become a certified tax preparer + close the gap on poverty! http://tinyurl.com/zk75rdy
- The season of giving and gratitude is upon us! Show your community some love, one tax return at a time by serving as a #VITA volunteer this tax season! Sign up today at https://earnitkeepitsaveit.org/volunteer
- Show your community some love, one tax return at a time! Volunteer with #VITA in the Bay Area! http://ow.ly/EbFo3
- Give back to your community and add awesome skills to your resume. Volunteer with EKS this tax season! Sign up http://ow.ly/EbFo3
- Are you bilingual? Share your gift with the community as a #VITA volunteer! Sign up today with EKS! http://ow.ly/EbFo3
Do you need to any of our logos for co-branding on the volunteer recruitment material that you’re making? You can use these: